Other News Items
- Birdfair 2014 at Rutland Water. August 15-17th.
- Expedition to Ross Sea. Antarctic. Feb- March 2014
- Birdfair 2013 - 16-18th August
- Sea Ducks on the Arctic Coast of Norway
- Exhibition at the Harbour Gallery Conwy
- Filming Hummingbirds in Brazil and Ecuador
- Trip to Alaska in April
- New redesigned site
- An Exhibition of Wildlife Photography
- An Exhibition of Wildlife Photography at the North West Birdfair
News & Events: Photographic Trip to New Zealand
In March and April of this year I will be visiting New Zealand to photograph Albatross Kea and New Zealand Blue Duck. I will visit Arthurs Pass in South Island first for the Keas, then travel up to Kaikora on the East Coast of South Island (about 2hrs north of Christchurch) for the Albatross. A boat will take me about 5 miles offshore where it is possible to see up to 6 species of Albatross including Wandering, Black Browed Salvins and Royal, a very exciting prospect….I hope for roughish seas and sunshine! Apart from Albatross there are many species of petrels and shearwaters. After this feast of seabird photography I go to the North Island to visit several areas for the Blue Duck. It is found on fast flowing rivers in forested habitat so not always easy to find, but I have been recommended a few areas where the chances of seeing them are high. I hope I can have some pictures of this rare bird on the site in a few months!!